View Virtual Tour of our Los Angeles SMP Studio (Interactive. Tap/Click to View)
What Is Scalp Micropigmentation?
Scalp micropigmentation is a non-surgical, innovative treatment option for baldness in many forms. Men and women of all ages can achieve a more full-looking head of hair with this cosmetic procedure. Using microdot tattoos, your head is given the appearance of healthy hair follicles in the pattern of a regular hairline. Depending on the severity of your baldness, you can sometimes choose a new hairline. With a buzz cut close to your scalp, you wouldn’t even notice the difference between your actual follicles and the microdot tattoos. If you have a longer hairstyle, scalp micropigmentation can help fill in some thin areas.
Who Can Receive This Procedure?
Although scalp micropigmentation is commonly known as a treatment for male pattern baldness in Los Angeles, CA, its benefits can reach much further to individuals of all genders and ages. Some examples include:
- Individuals recovering from cancer – Hair loss is a common side effect of cancer treatments such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and targeted therapy. Although these techniques are needed to kill the cancer cells, they tend to kill or damage hair cells as well. If you recently underwent cancer treatment and your hair isn’t growing in as you would have hoped, we can help to fill in some of the thinner areas.
- Those who had a previous hair transplant – There are a couple of different ways one could go about getting a hair transplant, but with one technique, an inconspicuous section in the back of the scalp is removed and transplanted in the front where the hair is thinning. While this may seem like a good idea at the time, many hair transplant patients often end up balding later in life, making the scar on the back of the scalp quite noticeable. Scalp micropigmentation can be completed right on top of the scar to help it blend in with the natural hair growth of your head.
- Women – Baldness is common in men as they age, but there are also some women who experience balding with age. This can be frustrating and embarrassing, but we can help those women feel the confidence they once felt.
- Individuals with alopecia – Alopecia is simply defined as “baldness,” but some individuals experience it earlier in life than normal. Alopecia doesn’t just affect the hair on a person’s head, but all over his or her body as well. Micropigmentation is a procedure often used to fill in the scalp but can be used for beard repair as well.
- Those who had a previous surgery or accident – Surgeries and accidents involving the head often result in unsightly scars. Our scalp micropigmentation treatment works to fill in those scars, whether they are large or small, so they don’t stand out like they used to.
What Are Some Important Things To Note?
When you are preparing for treatment at Picasso Scalp Micropigmentation in Los Angeles, CA, there are some important things you should note. First, our micropigmentation specialists are artists with a deep understanding of cosmetics and what will look best. We will match the microdot tattoo pigment with your natural pigment for a flawless look, so you don’t need to worry that it won’t look natural.Second, treatment is typically less painful than getting a tattoo, though everyone feels pain differently. If anything starts to feel uncomfortable during your treatment, you should immediately express your concern to your artist. It’s possible your scalp will feel tight or itchy after treatment, and that is normal for a few days.Finally, scalp micropigmentation doesn’t require any invasive measures. Our aim is to cover up the scars and baldness you’ve experienced, not to create more. Because of our non-invasive process, it’s a low-risk procedure.
Why Choose Picasso Scalp Micropigmentation?
At Picasso Scalp Micropigmentation in Los Angeles, CA, we aim to please every customer that walks through our doors. We realize hair loss and baldness could be sensitive issues that you’ve been dealing with for too long, and we’re happy to work with you to correct the problem.Jeff Villenas, founder, and CEO of Picasso Scalp Micropigmentation is one of the most skilled SMP specialists in the United States’ midwest region, having won numerous awards throughout his career. As an expert in the field, he has already helped thousands of individuals improve their appearances.
Check out some of our satisfied clients
Contact Us Today To Schedule a Free Consultation
When it comes to your hair, no measure is too great to improve your confidence. To speak with an SMP artist about male baldness treatment, contact us in Los Angeles, CA at (888) 704-3352 or fill in our online form to book your free consultation today.